Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I'm Back!

So I took a month off, lived life without counting calories or hitting the gym everyday. I was really, really, REALLY dreading my Wednesday weigh in this morning. I mean, honestly? I ate pizza, I ate noodles, I ate candy and cake and plenty of other sweets. Sure I walked Colbie as much as the weather allowed, but it sure as heck wasn't everyday! I didn't drink enough water and instead drank more soda and wine and liquor :)After all that I thought, "Surely I've gained at least five pounds, or have jumped up past my horrid hurdle of 200."

Amazingly enough, I have only gained a pound or so... and in my opinion, that isn't so bad in the grand scheme of things. Gaining anything at all should not be celebrated, but what I am celebrating is that I think I've learned portion control to the point where I don't have to think about it anymore. I anticipate my stomach feeling full and stop three bites before.

But now I'm back, from outerspace... sorry, my mind went down a different path, but I am back on the wagon. I've gotten my cravings and fixes out of the way. I started back at the gym on Monday as well as logging my food in MyPlate.


My awesome little pup, (featured wearing the CONE OF SHAME) Colbie, managed to break my bank yesterday. I spent $275 at the vet after she tore her head apart and managed to get yet another double ear infection. As a way of working off my anger and sadness at being beyond poor yet again, I took her for a walk around my newly repaved neighborhood. After that jaunt, I had a Potbelly Chickpea Veggies Salad with Nonfat Vinaigrette dressing and a few pieces of my leftover Brio Margherita Flat bread Pizza. Delish!

But wait, I'm not done! I then went to the gym and kicked in up for a half hour on the elliptical. Biggest Loser came on and I felt like a dumb butt for saying, well, I'll just go home now. The show is so inspiring that I decided to walk on the treadmill on a slight incline and when the commercials came on, I ran until the show started again. Overall, I believe that I completed 6.5 miles between the walk, elliptical and treadmill :) I think the Wagon is behind me at this point. I feel refreshed and ready to grab this journey by the horns again!


Lastly, I'd like to finish with a few pictures of the event that led me to this weight loss. My best friend's wedding was this past Saturday. When I had to order my bridesmaid dress in January, I ordered a size 22. After it was altered and 12 inches had been taken out, this is what it looked like. I feel good. :)

1 comment: