Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Take that WIW!

This post was supposed to happen last week... oops! Better late than never.

Lost the 2 pounds I gained in the past couple weeks and lost another as well. Down 3 since last week. Whew. I feel a teeny bit better now.

It's been a busy couple of weeks, being home for Memorial weekend then driving back to Columbus, then driving to Chicago to help a friend move. Lots of driving, so it's good that I was able to squeeze in enough activity to generate a downward slope.

I've been trying to get to the gym four mornings a week for my weight training and then taking Colbie for an hour walk (at least 4 miles) every week night. Even over my four day weekend I dragged my ass out of bed at 6:30AM and 7:00AM to go to the gym with my parents, now that is dedication my friends.

I've been obsessed with the idea of keeping my fat intake low, so recently I've started experimenting with Greek Yogurt.


This is my zucchini pasta tossed in "alfredo" sauce. It wasn't as full of flavor as the heavy cream and cheese labeled versions, but it totally hit the spot and I can learn to adapt!

Greek Yogurt Alfredo Sauce (Serves 1-2)

1.5 TBSP of Flour (use brown or rice if you have it, white is fine as well)
4-6 oz of Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1 tsp of Minced Garlic
1.5 TBSP of Plain Greek Yogurt
1 TBSP Parsley (I used dried)

Stir the flour, garlic, and chicken stock over medium heat until the mixture starts to lightly boil and thicken. Remove from heat, stir in greek yogurt and parsley, and pour over pasta. Voila! Again, depending on your preference, you can add more broth to thin out the mixture to make it cover more.

---

Greek yogurt subbed into deviled eggs... not so good. It had a weird slimy texture and aftertaste.
Sad face. However, hummus deviled eggs are delish!

Greek yogurt in cupcakes turned out to be delish and awesome. It was so moist. I made brownies with the greek yogurt as well (no worries, took these all into work).

It's Tuesday, so another regularly planned update will hopefully arrive tomorrow for WIW.





2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I never would have thought to make a pasta sauce with greek yogurt! I'm going to have to try that!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. its almost been a month! ;-)

    ReplyDelete