Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday

Well, the best/worst day of the week has arrived, weigh in Wednesday. I definitely feel as if I've stepped up my game in the activity area, however, I've not been so strict in my diet... and since we all know it's more important about what goes in your body, we shouldn't be surprised that I've not lost anything since last week.

Disappointing and upsetting but because I only have myself to blame. Hopefully, despite this weekend being a long, holiday weekend, I'll have made all the right choices and gotten in more time spent running around and being active.

Good news, Baxter is back to commenting, wahoo, nice to see ya Becks! Thanks for the pump up, it's time to get serious.

I just came across a Beta program (www.jeremyreidfitness.com) that Jeremy Reid, an online personal trainer, is running for his fitness business. It's a free trial and might just be a new way for me to learn to eat food as fuel versus food as fun. He needs full body pictures though, and that's ALWAYS a hard thing for an overweight person to commit to, but if the Biggest Loser contestants can be that brave, so can I!

Let's do a weekend recap from earlier this week. I helped watch one of my best friend's children this weekend while she was recovering from not feeling well. A 2 year old and an almost 6 month old, it was fun and tiring, don't know how she does it because she still has a 10 year old to add to the mix, I just didn't need to watch him :)

I changed poopy diapers, I did the bottle feeding, and the wearing of spit up. I rocked it out, but was very happy to take my fur child home where I could just sit on the couch and veg. I'm definitely not mom material yet.

Sunday is where the fun comes in... I went to see Star Trek with my friend Dana. We were just sitting, enjoying our popcorn (reason 1 for not losing weight) and watching Chris Pine kick butt when this tiny old man caned his way up the stairs, very, very slowly. It wasn't until he passed us on his way up that we realized that he'd had a serious accident in his pants. I feel bad sharing this story, but it was THE WORST thing I've ever smelled in my life and I have never been more grateful for semi wet hair that smells divinely like shampoo and conditioner. It lingered for at least 10 minutes... and then I realized he was on his way back down the stairs...

Why, oh why, did this man climb the stairs to the top of this very tall theater only to come back down? I do not know, but my theory is that he came into the wrong theater :( Poor little man.

After that wonderful experience, we went to target to try on hats and creep out strangers that were shopping for deodorant (I was just doing my womanly duty to tell this lady that there was better deodorant on clearance right around the corner because I didn't want her to miss it!). My weekend was pretty fun, hope yours was too and that the holiday coming up is spent with family and friends, thanking God for the time we have with them!


1 comment:

  1. Love the target pic! one of my favorite stores. i literally can spend hours there haha. hope this week is off to a positive start for ya linds! its a new month ;-)

    luv ya,
    baxter

    ReplyDelete