Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday

What up my small crowd of friends and family?? It's weigh in Wednesday and I won't bore you with my internal monologue other than saying... down one more pound. Slightly disappointed but grateful that it went away.

I took some time off from work to make my long weekend even longer. I went up to the Dirty Dusky for some quality time in vacationland. It was a much better trip than the 4th of July, soo yay! During my stay, I dragged my butt out of bed both of my mornings off and went to the gym with my mom... she's a beast and we were there much longer than I normally stay at the gym haha, oops!

I also ate very well knowing that I weigh in for the work contest tomorrow morning! Below is a slew of delicious things I concocted and devoured. I guess my blog is turning into more of a photo journey than anything else, but a picture speaks a thousand words right?


Keto Pancakes (recipe found at the bottom of the post)

Chicken Salad Salad
Scrambled South Western Egg Whites with Bacon

I also went sailing a ton! So very excited that it was nice wind and allowed for beautiful photos of Cedar Point and sunsets!

View of Cedar Point
Sunset near Marble Head, Lake Erie
Ariel's beautiful sails :)
Baxter, I just got your card and I totally had to blink 50 thousand times to try to read it, that background was CRAZY! Muah! I so miss ya and can't wait for you to be back!!


Keto Pancakes

Ingredients:
  • 2 Egg Whites (original recipe called for 2 whole eggs, I chose to keep it low calorie)
  • 2 Tbsp of 1/3 Fat Cream Cheese (Kroger brand has the lowest carbs at 1g per serving)
  • 1 Packet of Sweetener (Splenda for low carbers)
  • Cinnamon (to taste)
Directions:
  • Heat cream cheese for 10 seconds in the microwave while measuring out egg whites, sweetener, and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Reheat cream cheese for another 10 seconds or so to soften it for easier mixing.
  • Whisk ingredients together until as smooth as possible. If you have a blender with a whisk attachment... I envy you.
  • Batter will be a watery consistency and more than likely will have some small lumps of cream cheese that refuse to give up the fight.
  • Spray skillet with non stick spray and heat batter on low to medium heat. Flip when you start seeing "pancake bubbles" or when you can get your spatula under it without ripping. Use your fancy dancy flipping skills and let the other side cook for a minute and BOOM!
  • Enjoy.







3 comments:

  1. haha glad you got my card! hope it didn't make you blind. hope to see you soon virtually at Katie's reception!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its almost Oct! where's your next post? i need something to read haha. miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its almost Nov! and i still have nothing to read, where ya been? haha

    ReplyDelete