Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Bloggin for Becky ;)

Time to get this blog up and running again (this blog is the only place I am willing to use the running word). It's summer and so much easier to convince myself to be active instead of hibernating and hiding from the snow, sleet and yuckiness that is Ohio in the winter. On top of that, my cousin Becky, my most loyal supporter, needs posts to read so she can keep me in line during her travels.

Also, you should always "know your numbers" I passed with flying colors for all of my health screenings, except weight. No surprise there, as that has been the same for these screenings for the past five years. My weight is 214. I'm owning up to that and the need to lose that 14 lbs and then continue from where I left off.

I've started working out with my trainer again, once a week, so that is also helping me feel more accountable. Also, I found a lifting routine that I feel comfortable with and is easy to squeeze in before work in the morning. Add in the blog and the fact that my entire family is on a health kick, and BOOM, inspiration.

My Mom and Dad are amazing, my Mom alone has lost 30 pounds since January just from eating right and working out. She is on fire! My Dad is keeping off his weight and although we have the same tendency to scarf pizza without taking a breath or chewing, he's doing great on making smarter choices too!

I've recently fallen in love with substituting zucchini for pasta. I bought a julienne peeler and it's my new best friend. I would sleep with the little bugger tucked under my pillow if I didn't think I would end up shredding myself during the midnight hours. You can top it with spaghetti sauce, lemon juice, balsamic, pesto... the list goes ever onward! I like it even better than spaghetti squash because 1. it's cheaper, 2. you don't have to wait for it to bake for 45 minutes and 3. it has a better taste than the squash.

Today I'm off to a good start with my whole grain cheerios (dry, because I rock at remembering my milk) and a banana. I've already had 5 glasses of water and for lunch I have some veggie stew that I made and froze a few weeks ago. Tonight I plan on taking the dog for a walk/jog as the weather is gorgeous... unless mother nature decides against it ie: allergies, storms and other random acts of God.

After I might grill out with a turkey burger, zucchini pasta topped with lemon juice and some broccoli. :) Happy Hump Day everyone!




2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Keep up the good work with small, sustainable healthy choices. The Ramhoff family is getting fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay the blog posts are back! I love how entertaining you make your posts ;) I've never heard of the zucchini pasta before, u might have to make me some of that when I get back =) Keep it up linds, the hardest part is getting into that routine again. Once your used to your routine you'll be good to go. good luck!

    ReplyDelete