Thursday, May 16, 2013

Clean vs Not-So-Clean

So... how much of a difference does it make eating clean vs not-so-clean? For example: I really like cheese. Cheese is not clean, right?

Last night I made the most delicious "mac and cheese" with Kraft fat free singles and zucchini... and it was amazing. I will be making it again... soon.

So for someone who is not attempting to be a fitness model (I mean it'd be nice, but that's not me), can I continue to eat my cheese as long as I don't go over my daily caloric amount? Other than cheese, I'm pretty good at keeping things on the straight and narrow. I've fully adopted brown rice, stay away from bread no matter what (except at Brio... and CafĂ© Istanbul... and pita in general) I hardly eat pasta since I enjoy zucchini and spaghetti squash so much. I steam or eat my veggies raw, I don't drink milk and if I have to, it's almond milk. I've dropped soda for water, although a random can or two might make it's way into my hands during a rough week...

Ugh, I just feel stuck. But I went to the gym this morning and did my weights and tonight is insanity... so maybe I'll feel better after that.

1 comment:

  1. That's the way to do it, the gym, weights, insanity will get your endorphins up and you'll be happier which just makes life better no matter what ;)

    ReplyDelete