Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm late, I'm late and I missed the date!

My butt has officially been kicked. I was so exhausted yesterday morning when I woke up that I forgot what day it was... so obviously, weigh in Wednesday did not happen. Instead we have thunder thighs Thursday or thud thumping Thursday or just Thursday because apparently my brain is still MIA.

The root of this problem is that I get home late from volleyball, softball or some other kind of torture I put myself through. And by late I mean, I'm getting home after 11:30PM sometimes after 12:30AM and am usually covered in sand or my awesome softball field orange dirt tan. I then have to shower, pack my lunch for the next day (this hasn't happened in a week)and pack my gym bag so I have no excuse to avoid the treadmill. This is exhausting at midnight, but my brain is still going at 100 miles an hour and I end up staying awake til 1:30ish which results in about 5 hours of sleep.

Did I mention the 5 hours of sleep? I look like a train wreck. I'm pretty sure my coworkers are wondering if I moonlight as a woman of the night because sometimes my makeup routine has been, crash into bed and wake up hoping the mascara looks reminiscent of the day before and let's not even get into the hair description.

What really sucks is deep down I know that getting enough sleep is essential to my weight loss. How can my body function and continue to burn fat if I can barely keep my eyes open? I need to start managing my time a bit better on a daily basis so I don't sabotage my weekly goals.

Speaking of goals, I've lost two pounds. I was aiming for four this past week to make up for my splurging. Alas, that hasn't happened and I'll be the first to say that I'm disappointed. I'll get over it and push on through, only ten more pounds to go to hit that magical 200 mark! That would be 5 weeks. I'm holding myself to that, no more falling off the wagon, so mark your calendar my friends, July 13th I should be at 200 pounds.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, drink plenty of water and do a crunch or fifty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment