Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hot Dog!

Today's post title is perfect in preparation for the holiday weekend but also for my weight loss this past week. Drum roll please...

5 Pounds!

I rocked it out! More liked sweated it out, but dang I was on point. I am officially down 52 pounds today :) I feel so good, so very very happy and proud of myself. I have never, ever lost this much weight, or seen so many changes to my body in a good way.

I've had literally zero spare time and have to schedule friends and family time in at least a week in advance. This weekend was deck weekend so my dad and sister were over to help power wash and stain my deck the lovely "Blendon Gray" that my condo association requires. We only got about 1/3 of the way through staining before we lost the light and then it rained the next morning. I believe I am on staining duty this evening after work but before volleyball but after my training session. Fun times. Anyone want to come out and enjoy some beautiful weather on my deck... while staining???

Side story to reiterate my utter lack of grace; I went to get my dad some coffee from Speedway, it's his favorite, and managed to spill the entire 16 oz on the steps and floor of my garage. My steps are now sticky as a giant spider web and smell like a sweets shop, sure to attract all the ants from my house to congregate in my garage...

On Sunday, my friend Dana and I grilled out and got some sun. We also indulged in a few glasses of wine, started talking about how fast cars and muscled men totally raise our blood pressure and then we randomly decided to run to the movies to catch a showing of Fast Five. Now, I've seen this before and so has she, so we were both free to whisper discuss the hotness that is Vin Diesel, The Rock and Paul Walker driving super sexy cars and throwing punches. It was awesome, add popcorn and soda and it was quite the ending to a great weekend. Did I mention that I love vroom vroom cars? AHHH!

This week I accomplished something I'm sure two of my cousins would be proud of... I mostly ran with a teeny bit of recovery walking 3 miles in 32 minutes! That's a hair short of a 5k right? James and Kates, I'm so totally on for the Turkey Day 5k this year, no backing out!

Can I also mention my friend Micha's awesome story telling skills? Girl has the comedic writing down to a T! Check out her most recent post in regards to Zumba and the dangers of the run away badonkadonk!

http://thinterventiondigest.blogspot.com/2011/06/ankles-and-such.html

My weekly menu has looked a little like this, in case anyone is looking for new food inspiration:

- Special K Chocolately Delight (Not so delightful due to those dang chocolate pieces)
- Mini Vanilla Wafers (awesome snack, these bite size little cookies really hit my sweet tooth)
- Lean Cuisine (Usually one of the paninis or pizzas), accompanied by a plain salad and my Balsamic Salad Spritzer by Wishbone (only 1 calorie per quirt!)
- Bagel Thin with a tsp of Jif Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Green, yellow, red, and orange pepper, 1/2 a sweet onion combined with 1/2 cup of whole grain noodles mixed with 2 TBSP of Fat Free Balsamic Vin. and 1/4 cup of 2% Mozzarella Cheese.
- Sugar Free Jello cup for dessert about 1-2 hours after dinner.
- The most important thing of all is the water!! I'm making sure to have at least 120 ounces a day, more if I'm working out!

I'm off for the week, BUT, make smart choices this holiday weekend. Eat a bite of the thing you crave, not the slice! Have two drinks instead of five and WEAR SUNSCREEN!


Happy Fourth of July everyone, be thankful for our troops sacrifices to allow us the continued freedom we enjoy each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment