Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm early, but hate worms, so I'm not an early bird... just early.

I know that it's Tuesday and my weekly update is usually on weigh in Wednesday and for that I apologize. You will just have to deal with two updates, back to back this week, but tomorrow's will probably be pretty short as I will cover most of the important stuff now.

Last week I did not share with you my weigh in results. I was a little disappointed in myself and knew ahead of time that it wouldn't be a "loss" for the week. I was in fact, keeping my fingers crossed that I hadn't gained anything. I stayed the same, which is a good and bad thing. I'm going to pick bad so I know not to do what I did, that's a rut I can't afford to get stuck in again.

You know that I ate so many bad things, I did share that with you after the long weekend. It turns out cookies, elephant ears, ice cream, cake, cake and fries are not conducive to losing weight. Even though I went for a run a couple times that weekend, it didn't offset my poor decisions. I'm getting to the point where cravings are taking over everyday and I don't just have the bite that would hit the craving, I eat the whole piece of cake! UGH!

This week has been about trying to makeup for last week. I've been extra diligent on portion size and more veggies. I've made sure I've hit the gym everyday, including both Saturday and Sunday. Last night I did three miles on the elliptical in 25 minutes before heading out to a CYP volleyball game and then... one of the best moments of my life occurred two nights in a row, last night and Sunday night. I ran outside with Colbie continuously for over 1 mile and did it in 10 minutes. I think I might have found that rumored runner's high as after my 1.5 miles last night I felt like I could keep going, but alas, my head was starting to pound from the two beers I had at volleyball.

It's so weird to know that I had issues with running a mile in ten minutes back in high school during training for volleyball and I did it last night without a problem. I was in the best shape of my life back then but wasn't in shape for running and now I am. I even feel comfortable posting a picture of myself, full body shot, showing off one of my new dresses for work!


I'm not a model by any means, but I feel like a million bucks after my accomplishment last night.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! The runner's high only gets better, so keep it up. You always look amazing, but you look amazing and super confident with your body now :)

    ReplyDelete