Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Screw You Mother Nature!

I wanted to head into this week's post with a happy face and exciting news. Mother Nature had other plans... she's entitled me to that special time of the month which has produced it's usual results of cravings and urges that aren't usually there. Unfortunately I've caved a little each time and it sucks. So here is the update for the past two weeks, at least the things that I can remember.

I recently purchased a new Special K Cereal for my breakfast enjoyment. Since it's the chocolate time of the month, I went with the chocolate version. Logical choice, seemingly a win win situation. Someone aught to tell General Mills that mini fake chocolate bars in cereal don't work because they sink and it's next to impossible to convince one to swim up to your spoon for consumption. I will not be purchasing the chocolate one again, I'd much rather have the yogurt one, at least I can enjoy that bowl without having to practice a search and rescue mission.

When I was home this past weekend for Father's Day, I went for a run around the high school fitness trail while my dad taught a pitching lesson. My guesstimate is that I ran about 2.5 laps and walked about .5, then my dad joined me for another 2 lap walk. It was nice outside and I got a wicked sunburn that I didn't notice til later because of the sweat flying everywhere. I thought I was golden for the day as far as calorie consumption goes until my parents informed me I was joining them for a graduation party... this was after sailing all day and not eating. What was I supposed to do when at a party serving cheesy potatoes and cake??? I had two bowls of salad, a teeny bit of pulled pork and potatoes and a massive piece of cake. Later that night I also indulged in a prepacked lemon-y vodka iced beverage which was way too tart but delicious :) The next day we went for a sail and Colbie got to enjoy the lake with us. My mom was a bit stressed watching her almost fall overboard four or five times, but after two hours everyone settled into a new routine of Colbie the spider monkey, tacking and wind gusts. It was awesome.


A group of friends and I hit up Applebees for dinner and I had one of the options listed under 500 calories, the steak and shrimp option? It was delicious and quite filling, please try it should you ever eat at the Bee. We had a bonfire that night... I had another lemony frozen beverage and a glass of pinot noir with Laura, Shawn and Janice.

My mom has always been disappointed in my disinterest in watermelon as she is OBSESSED. She could eat a whole melon in one sitting and beg for more. It's her favorite thing after movie popcorn. It's never held that much interest for me as there was always cheese, noodles and butter in my life. Now that I've broken things off with that group of acquaintances, watermelon has firmly embedded itself in my life. I've had it as my snack everyday and will continue to do so, thank you Peggy for the watermelon, it's now on my list :)

I've had some pretty colorful meals and some awesome lean cuisines in the past few weeks and will continue this trend as it's easy and tasty. I might have already used this Panini pic, but it's what I'm having for lunch and felt the urge to drool over it :) The peppers are the main ingredient in a meal that I eat quite often. I just use half of a red, green, yellow and orange pepper, half of a sweet onion and saute them with the cooking spray. I then add two tablespoons of the reduced fat Buitoni Basil Pesto sauce and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. It's a wonderful low calorie dinner that is chuck full of veggie's!






So to recap, last week I lost two pounds, this week just 1. I'm hoping that I'll make up for that once I'm back from my monthly black spot. I plan on running for 2 miles outside tonight before volleyball... I've done it once, I can do it again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment