Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Never thought I'd see the day...

Yes, my friends, I did it. One major goal has been accomplished yet again, I have officially made it under 200 pounds and am now at 198. I never weighed myself through out highschool or college on a consistent basis, in highschool I didn't need to. I was involved as captain of the auxilaries team(aka flags) in marching band, volleyball, softball, the musical and plenty of other groups that kept me running from here to there. I never once thought that I was overweight or unhealthy during those four years. I find it disturbing and odd that I now fit into the same size I was as a senior in highschool; looking back, how did I let it get to what I was seven months ago? How did I go throughout college getting bigger and bigger and still feel successful, positive and pretty.

It's all due, in thanks, to my family. My parents and sister have always been my biggest cheerleaders, and those years weren't focused on image as much as survival. They supported me in any and every way I needed. College was tumulous at best those first couple years. My life as I knew it came to a screeching halt as I changed direction in my studies from my passion of music to boring business. I think I over compensated for my lack of faith in my decision with lounging around and shoving food down my throat. What else is there to do during school than meet up with friends to eat while studying, drink while eating, drinking and chipotle? It doesn't help that the only food most college kids can afford is the worst for you things... Totino's Dollar Pizza, McDo's Double Cheeseburger, Easy Mac and Ramen Noodles.

I'm proud to say I have not had a single one of those food items in the past seven months, and thankfully I wouldn't eat them even if I had the choice just because I love making my own meals from fresh produce.

Back to the distorted image issue: I've always told my close friends and mom that I felt super attractive when I left the house in the morning. I was confident, upbeat and felt like a super model in my cute dress and wedge heels... but then someone snaped a picture, I saw it on their camera and immediately asked them to delete it. I looked horrible! At least I felt I did, and it would take a picture to show how other's saw me. You can tell me you think I'm beautiful til you're blue in the face but pictures don't lie and mine were screaming at me. After nights like that I would go home and wallow in self pity, drink a bottle of wine, eat some pizza rolls and recycle through the process the next day. Totally condusive to helping my problem right? It's so easy to see how people get down and out and suddenly pack on the pounds, especially for active folk who suddenly aren't living that lifestyle anymore. You have to relearn how to eat, or dedicate staying at that activity level. It's tough.

I've tried a few times, once Sophmore year in college and once down here in Cbus after school, to go on diets and worked out with a trainer. Both times I thought I was in it for the long haul and I definately wasn't. Gained it all back and more. My mom told me that I had to be in the zone and unfortunately I couldn't find it.

I have now, and I'm very proud of my accomplishments so far and can't wait to see how far I can go with it. Here is a slideshow of pictures from highschool to now so you can travel down memory lane with me :)



















4 comments:

  1. ONEDERLAND!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you to blogspot for getting their commenting option back up and running! And THANK YOU to Pat, Baxter and Karen for your support!

    ReplyDelete