Thursday, July 7, 2011

Neverland

Today is definitely the worst day I've had in a while. It's more of a mood thing than actually having horrible things happen. First, I have lost my phone for the umpteenth time this month and second, I forgot yesterday was Wednesday, so my weigh in was rescheduled for this morning.

I gained a pound. I'm not happy. I'm actually very upset. Not only did I not hit my goal, I went in the opposite direction. On top of that, I read about the awesomeness of my friend being able to eat pizza everyday and lose a pound, while I thought I didn't do too horribly over the weekend and boom, I'm back up. It makes me angry that my body sucks this week. It probably doesn't help that I haven't worked out with Heather in over two weeks due to her not feeling well... that kid needs to pop out soon so I can get my regularly scheduled training sessions back up to once or twice a week.

I really did not want to update my blog this week because I usually have positive posts and good news to share. That's not fair because weight loss is not the same for everyone, we all have our ups and downs and I shouldn't make my journey out to be a piece of cake... even though I could really go for a whole pan right now. I'm not craving cake or sweets due to my feelings, I just really like cake, so back off.

I've been at this stage before, but it didn't seem so depressing last time, maybe I'll need to revisit the D.C. post to see what was going on in my head after that trip. What I really need to do this week is focus on losing four pounds this week. I was able to lose 5 the week before by working out and eating correctly. I can do it again but I do have some physical restraints right now that will make it more difficult.

I have to take it easy on my running/intense cardio as my knee has really been bothering me since Tuesday morning. I over extended it or tried to pop it wrong and the 10 seconds of gross grinding noises and almost pain has resulted in an achy, stiff knee. My left quad is on strike as well, somehow I have been getting huge cramps (like the one on the boat) that really feel like I've pulled something. It happened again at softball when I went to run to first... now I'm dealing with soreness there too. I'm sick of getting older, where is Neverland?

1 comment:

  1. Don't stress out--the scale is a temperamental little bugger. I take measurements instead. Those are way more accurate I find, and don't change so much from day to day.

    Also--4 lbs to lose in a week is a LOT! Don't overdo it! Stay away from those injuries. :)

    ReplyDelete