Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July - aka - Diet Disaster

We all hit roadblocks and challenges in trying to reach the goals we set for ourselves. It's human nature to rise and fall and rise again along the way. I've definitely accepted the fact that I am not perfect, nor am I strong enough to look the other way when my nose smells the delicious scent of fresh double chocolate brownies warm from the oven or when my ears hear the brats sizzling on the grill.

I'm upset by my inability to see the goal of the week, which was to get below 200. This past weekend was a definite flop in restraint. I had, in limited quantities but multiple times a day, Italian pasta salad (tons of veggies and fat free Italian dressing), brownies, baked beans, potato salad, ice cream, brats, turkey burgers, veggies and hummus, salad, wine, strawberry daiquiris... do you get the picture?

The brownie demons were working over time this weekend, I must has snuck at least three extra bites in before leaving for Columbus yesterday... my mom caught me mid shove and I'm pretty sure I resembled this chipmunk


I was only able to squeeze in one run this weekend, followed by a walk with my Dad. That was a nice change, as walking with someone is so much more fun when you have someone to talk to, even though it might slow you down a bit. :) He was tired by the end, so my new goal is to get him further each time... are you ready Daddy? Cause I'll be home again this weekend :)

Sailing was abundant this weekend, along with a jaunt to Kelly's with my cousins on his boat. It was great to spend time with everyone, especially out on the water, I now have more color than I've had in years :) I'm a few shades darker than Casper and that's quite the accomplishment.

I'm also Colbie-less this week, so I'll be taking advantage by squeezing in all the extra activities that I usually wouldn't be able to attend due to being away for too long. I have softball tonight followed by a rousing evening of corn hole and avoidance of beer, a wine tasting later this week and finally home for my best friend's bridal shower!!

The goal of the week is to try to offset my weekend weakness and loss the 3 pounds I need to... 199 baby, 199!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS - I'm really frustrated with not being able to post comments on my friend's blog. BLOGSPOT moderators, if you are reading this (which I know you aren't), get your shitza together and fix the comment section!

No comments:

Post a Comment