Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Two for Tuesday!

I was just thinking about how Tuesday never gets any credit for itself. Monday is the most dreaded day of the week, Wednesday got it's own special name of Humpday, Thursday is almost Friday and Friday is just awesome. Of course, I had to ruminate out loud in the ICC café, making myself appear even more scatter-brained than normal. Luckily, the only other person in the café was Erik and he went with it.

This is when I learned that Tuesday does in fact have something going for it! "Two for Tuesday" and thus, I no longer need to worry over Tuesday's feelings as I do believe it has the best name ever, because you know that Friday doesn't offer two for one deals...

But I digress, Tuesday for me is also a two-fer as I didn't bother making two different snacks for the day, I just split the same thing into two. Chicken and broccoli. There ya have it kids, the beautiful and exciting picture of my culinary escapades for yesterday.


My first challenge for saying no happened yesterday at lunch. Qdoba catering was brought in for a meeting that I was attending. I knew ahead of time this was happening and packed myself my iceberg lettuce followed by the thought of, "never pass up free food", and incorporated the steak as my protein :)

Now on to dinner... I tried out a recipe that had floated its way by me during one of my Pinterest excursions. Very similar to this recipe without the cream and I used 8 ounces of cream cheese and 2 eggs. http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Low-Carb-Pizza-Recipezaar?columns=3&position=6/36

Any way, maybe my impatience with waiting for the cream cheese to become room temperature threw off the formation of the crust, or maybe I didn't bake it long enough... either way, it was not a meal that satisfied me at all. The crust was surprisingly more crust-like than I anticipated, however, not enough substance to fill my tummy. Now I'm stuck with 5 more portions to eat and know that I'll still feel hungry.

Only three days in and we have killed a recipe :)


No comments:

Post a Comment