Thursday, July 25, 2013

TBT - Take a look at what you've accomplished!

I've yet to join the #TBT band wagon, but it seems like a great way to reminisce and relive the good memories. It's also a wonderful time to look back to see how far you've come in your journey; whether that is growing up, moving away, starting life as an adult, finding Jesus and renewing your faith, or taking the leap to become a healthier person.

My road has been rocky, I've struggled at times, and I've also had major victories. I've lost weight, gained it only to lose it again, find it again and then lose it! I've had the most amazing family and friends that have supported me through my travels and I am so very thankful that they are still on board this crazy train to help me as I continue to walk the road I've chosen.

Each day is a new day and a fresh start to hit the ground running. We all fall and there will always be people there to pick us back up, cheer us on, and maybe start a new day in their lives with you. If you have someone in your life that doesn't support the changes you've made, take a step back and start to surround yourself with people that will. True family and friends that love you unconditionally will never abandon you. Eventually that person will see how happy you are, how healthy you've become in spirit and body, and will come around to re-establish themselves in your life.

Below you will see some pictures that I feel I needed to post. Not to brag about myself, but as a reminder to me that I've come a long way and while I still have more to go, I can do it. Look at what I've accomplished so far! So bring it on Throw Back Thursday (TBT because I know my mom will ask what it means)!

Then:



Now:


A visual feast, I know.

Now on to last nights food. I essentially just threw chicken, peppers, and zucchini in a pan with EVOO and gave them a little sauté action, topped it with Colby Jack cheese, and some pepperoni. Delish, nutrish and gone in 60 seconds ;) If you add a little low carb spaghetti sauce you would have an altered version of chicken parm, do give it a whirl!


2 comments:

  1. Ah wow awesome post linds, you've done a great job!! i think there's a cousins vaca photo in your post =) and thnx for spelling out TBT... i didn't know what it was haha. way to stay on board the crazy train ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing so well - we're proud of you! You look gorgeous in all of the pictures you posted, but even happier in the recent ones. Love the pic of you and Jimmy. It's not easy to transition to a healthier lifestyle (and we can all adopt healthier eating habits - i'm working on it - regardless of weight), but you are doing great. Keep up the good work and see you soon. Love, James

    ReplyDelete