Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday

I'm down four pounds since Monday. I'm trying a new low carb lifestyle change called Keto. Essentially you are only supposed to eat up to 20 carbs a day. Based off the research information, your body doesn't need the sugars and complex carbs that we as a nation consume. This plan is designed to allow your body to get to a place where it starts to burn fat vs. burning the sugars/carbs that we take in (my opinion should not be taken seriously as I sometimes have a hard time correctly regurgitating things I've read). It hasn't been super difficult only because I already don't eat a lot of bread or grain products.

The hardest part for me has been doing the math to make sure I'm keeping my net carbs under 20 for the day. As you're well aware, I love peppers and onions, zucchini, squash, broccoli, carrots... just about any vegetable. I've never been a fan of fruit though, that's why I think this plan isn't so hard for me. Fruit and bread are not my biggest meal ticket items. Instead, I struggle with knowing that 1/2 cup of onion is over 4 grams of carbs, not cool!

In the past two days, I have the urge to gorge on my milk chocolate chips that are nestled into my cupboard. Cravings kill me, I have no ability to stop myself. Last night I went on the hunt to find something that would satisfy my sweet tooth and wouldn't kill me in carbs. Very difficult... until you see a tweet from a friend that calls out Quest Protein Bars and the fact that some of the options only have 4 net carbs! Whhhhha????

You can find these little suckers online or you can go to GNC (right now they are B2G1 free). I bought two strawberry cheesecake (by mistake), one lemon cream pie, one chocolate chip cookie dough (absolutely delish when heated in the microwave for 10 seconds), and two others that I can't remember. I definitely recommend these for anyone, even if you aren't watching your carb intake!

 
 
One last thing before we part for the day. Here is a link to photos of examples of how NOT to work out. Quite entertaining!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment