Thursday, November 18, 2010

Runnin scared... Week 2, Day 2

I was so bold as to venture out in a public park around 5:45pm last night to "enjoy" my week 2, day 2 run. It was basically a bad idea for three reasons 1. I was the only one out there, 2. Lots of trees, darkness and creepiness, and 3. I don't usually carry my cell phone as I'm afraid it will jump out of my pocket and run away.



The last one I consider the most dangerous because if I get hurt, which is usually a good bet, I don't have a way to call for help. If I get attacked how do I call for help? Orrrr if I get bored with my run and want to take a breather, how do I play fun games like paper toss or scrabble????

Needless to say, I know my mother would have coniptions if I continued to run after dark by myself on a not so awesome street. Especially after I told her about my run in with two random men on the trail last night. They didn't see me and I think I scared them... but I could feel their eyes on me the rest of the night and I was so thankful that my run was almost complete.

I really dislike the idea of running inside in a well lit gym as all my "wobbly bits" (think Bridget Jones' Diary) make themselves known to all the gym rats in the general vacinity. I really, really, really hate the eleptical as it is a device of torture.



Don't ask me why, I just hate it. I'm just gonna have to suck it up and run on the treadmill... I'll tie that bowl of puppy chow I've been craving in front and just go to town ;)

2 comments:

  1. If you're going to run in the dark, it's better to do it in the morning. You're more likely to see other runners/walkers in the a.m. and fewer unsavory characters. It's tough to get used to the early mornings, but once you do, you'll feel more energized throughout the day and will start to look forward to starting your day with a workout!

    You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AM runs... argh! I dread getting up in the mornings, as that means getting to bed earlier as well! Hopefully my knees will recover from the work/run weekend and I can start tomorrow morning :)

    ReplyDelete