Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hokay so....

Hello and welcome back from a week long hiatus. I apologize profusely for my inadequate updating techniques. In my defense, I have some fun and not so fun things to share avec vous. Pardon my french... ha!

Last week I hit that gym hard and hit it every day. I sweated like a beast and ran like... myself. My hair was super bouncy and happy while running, the complete opposite of my face. There isn't a mirror in front of the treadmills and ellipticals, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not all rainbows and butterflies in my facial expressions. I'm pretty sure I look like I'm pooping or having a bad cramp day. Moral of the story, I won't be picking up anyone at the gym anytime soon. BUT what I'm doing in the gym will surely produce "manly" (haha I'm on a roll) results soon!

I decided that I didn't need to work out after my weekend part time gig, it made my feet hurt for days afterword, so in an attempt to save myself unwanted physical anguish, I went shopping again! I bought jeans, real jeans. And by real, I mean expensive. Seriously Macy's? $60 for one pair of jeans that won't fit me by the end of the summer? Grrrr! They look nice and I don't have to worry about the droopy/long crotch issues I have with my jeggings, but still, I feel broke!

My sister and I had a girl's night after work on Sunday and indulged in an hour and a half of drooling over hot guys driving fast, hot cars. My precious readers, Fast Five may seem stupid and redundant, but it was totally worth it to see Vinny, The Rock, Tyrese and Paul Walker rock it out on the big screen. May I also say that there were some new hot exotic women featured this time... one day I will look as hot as them, just a lot whiter as their tans will forever escape me.

Did I mention the movie theater popcorn we scarfed? I didn't? Oops, cats out of the bag kids, I totally dove face first into the popcorn bucket and came up about three cups later, butter and all. It was delicious and fit into my allotment of calories for the day. So there :)

I weighed in this morning and am down another 2 pounds, woot woot! That was after a night of indulgence yesterday. A friend and I met at the Cheesecake Factory. That in itself was a feat as I thought we were meeting at Polaris, she thought we were meeting at Easton and neither of us thought to call to verify the location. I ended up driving back to Easton and ordered the Spicy Chicken Salad off the weight management menu. It comes with rice, beans, chicken, corn, onions and then a small pile of leafy greens. I skipped the rice in preparation for my half of the red velvet cheesecake. So delicious. SO DELICIOUS! At the end, I wasn't too full, so I felt good instead of guilty as I would have when I used to order the meatloaf, eat the whole thing on top of a loaf of bread, followed by the entire piece of cheesecake. We've come a long way people, a looooooooong way.

Tomorrow I am working out with Heather for a half hour, so I expect it to be intense and jam packed full of horrible things to make my body hate me. I kid, I kid. I recently have noticed my ability to do these exercises so much better, to be able to go longer and harder... cliche statement, but true. Heather kindly informed me that it's midway documentation time. We will be taking another picture and measurements tomorrow to see what all the changes are with my body since the beginning of this journey. I'll be sure to check in to share the results as well as post the before and midway pictures because we all know that numbers can only go so far. We are visual creatures and it makes a much bigger impact to see results than to read about them. I will be sure to wear my waterproof makeup as I acknowledge that my sweaty self will be hard enough to handle as is ;) let alone to see my hot self sporting raccoon eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment