Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

First off, thank you to our Veterans! We owe them our lives, freedom, families and so much more. Thank you for your service and sacrifice, you deserve so much more than just my thanks.


Last week I forgot to mention my out of control cake craving. I couldn't think about anything than eating some chocolate cake all week and eventually I gave in. Now, I did this in a way that only allowed me one piece of this deliciousness... I made someone else bake it :) Bridget, a friend from work, is a wonderful baker, don't let her tell you otherwise. This is what she made me and IT WAS SO GOOD! It looks like it would be dry, but my friends, I promise, it was the most moist and absolutely wonderful cake I've had in years.



I went home for the weekend to enjoy some family time in the Dirty Dusky. I took Friday off of work so I could be home for a full three days. Please enjoy the ride home with Colbie and I...


Once we made the drive safely, the weekend began and boy was it jam packed! Friday my Mom and I went grocery shopping and she bought me a lot of wonderful food to eat over the weekend. For example:


She is so good about keeping the house full of good food that I can snack on and gerat meal options too. We found bread that is AWESOME! It is Sara Lee's Delightful bread and it's only 45 calories a slice! I can now eat a normal looking sandwich and am eating less calories than the sandwich thins! Observe!


After we shopped we just chilled at home together and then I went for a run. Friday night saw me eat a couple tiny pieces of good pizza. Columbus has crappy pizza so I couldn't say no ;) Saturday my Dad, Mom and I went out for an awesome sail to Put-in-Bay and back, about five hours total. At first the weather was a teensy bit crappy only because it was cloudy and cold due to the nice breeze, but about two hours in the sun came out and I started stripping. It got to be quite warm and I got a bit of a sunburn! Next on the list of to dos was Cedar Point. My sister, her two friends and I went to the park for the starlight pass which allows you to go in for a discounted rate after 5PM til the close of the park. This is usually the best way to go during the peak summer days as most families are heading home by 7 and it's way cooler once the sun sets. We rode Raptor, Millennium Force, Magnum, Witch's Wheel and Maverick. It was a fun time and I was totally bad and had half of an Elephant Ear and shared some fries with my sister. Then the next day we went to Toft's Dairy, a local ice cream parlor, and had Red Velvet Rush and Praline Pecan ice cream... and I ate the whole thing!


One of my side activities was to see how some old clothes fit on my smaller self... and by clothes, I mean my old prom dress. Let me defend this odd and seemingly creepy statement by saying that this dress cost an arm and a leg back in the day and my mom and I didn't have the heart to just chuck it or sell it at the last garage sale. I actually wanted to try it on as I plan on being Holiday Barbie for Halloween this year. The good news is it fits! It's a bit tight and I obviously has four boobs when you count the rollover occurring in this photo BUT the zipper zipped and I could breath a teeny bit so I think the Halloween plan is on schedule, just imagine a blond wig and elbow gloves ;)


I leave you with this last thought. Cramps, headache, bad hair day and spilling coffee and soda down my front and across the floor can be overcome by this miracle that was sitting on my desk this morning :) And yes, I've chowed down on this and have already killed half a bag... ah!

No comments:

Post a Comment