Thursday, May 19, 2011

Holy Changes Batman!

:::peeks around the page::: I don't know think anyone noticed my lack of updates since it's been pretty quiet in these parts lately. I was supposed to update last Thursday, then I was supposed to update yesterday and finally you are getting some information today.

Last week was a little rough, this week too for that matter. Volleyball started up and I play on three teams, three different days. Monday night's team is with CYP (Columbus Young Professionals). It's a great way to meet new friends that are in the same boat as myself, younger business adults that meet up for drinks and conversation. The team itself is decent if we can get everyone to show up at the same time.

Wednesday and Thursday night are both work leagues, so I can to reconnect with some of the ICC consultants that I don't see often. Both teams hold their own, so it's been a good start to the season.

The problem with playing volleyball three nights a week is that I now drink three nights a week. I only had one beer each night and I made sure to calculate that into my daily intake. Somehow something went wrong and as of yesterday, I had only lost one pound. I did make some other not so great choices the past two weeks that might have contributed aka 1/2 piece of Red Velvet Cheesecake from THE FACTORY of Cheesecake. But again, I made sure it fit into my diet for the day and worked out as much as possible. I didn't work out with Heather last week as we were both too busy to get together, but she kicked my ass last night.

She brought this odd looking heavy leather ball that proceeded to kick my abs so hard I fell over. Literally. I couldn't hold myself up for some of the exercises... just goes to show how much further I still have to go to get my muscle regiment going strong.

The good news for all of this is that we took measurements and pictures last night to document the midpoint in my journey. I started on January 5 and as of today have officially lost 40 pounds, 24 inches and feel wonderful. Looking back it sometimes seems a slow journey, but then I realize that by doing this the right way, I'll never have to see those pounds again. They are gone for good because I'm taking the time to learn the proper ways to fuel my body, to never reward myself with food and instead go out and reward myself with clothes or something else I can wear or enjoy that reinforces my dedication to my newfound health & body.






This first photos of each set shows me that first week in January. I've always had self confidence and a pride in my appearance. I always felt super attractive walking out the door in my outfits from Lane or other speciality stores that cater to the larger woman. I was sexy and hot in my own way, but then I would see a picture and realize that I wasn't healthy and my confidence would tank. Pictures definately tell the truth most of the time and I didn't like what I saw. This set shows a girl that disliked what she saw of herself in pictures.

Now the second photo in each set that you see, shows all my sweat and hard work. Literally, you can see the sweat of my warm up jog... my poor trainer had to take my measurements and the tape measure kept sticking to my sweat and me, gross! I am so totally happy in what I see in these photos. I see the girls are smaller (and lower, that part I am not happy about). I see myself shrinking in a proportional way so I still feel like my womanly curves are showing but in a smaller way :)






LOVE IT!!!!

6 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!!!!!! You look fantastic!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so great, Lindsay!!! Congrats on all your hard work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay linds so happy for u, ur doin awesome!! so proud of u and all ur hard work =)
    luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job Linds! you look even more amazing than usual. keep up the hard work b/c i'm sure it feels pretty awesome to see those results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great, keep up the hard work. Totally jealous. I really need to get on the diet and find a kick ass trainer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone! It's so wonderful to know that you can see the changes that I'm starting to see!!

    ReplyDelete