Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Losing it slowly but surely!

I'm not much of a morning person. I'm not grumpy, but I'm definately not coherent during the first ten minutes upon crawling out of bed. Hence why I thought I lost 6 pounds this week... I really lost 3, but my brain couldn't do the math. Maybe weighing in immediately upon waking up is a bad thing?

So I lost 3 pounds, woot woot! I'll be honest, I was hoping for a little more since I got to the gym every day and was careful of what went into my mouth. It's quite alright, I hit the 2 mark and added one, that's more than my weekly goal. Think positively! It helps that I completed 3.16 miles on the elliptical last night in 25 minutes, sweated balls and then attacked some weights! It also helps that I bought new clothes and have been wearing them all week... I feel attractive again :) I have always been comfortable with myself, but now even more so... I don't know how to explain it other than feeling like I have Super Mario Brother's Star Power!

I have a headache but whether it's from the currently dreary weather or waking up every five minutes thinking my dog was barfing I will never know. I've spent the last three days hovering over my pup as she threw up five times on Monday and wasn't eating. I caved and got some canned food which she slurped up faster than I eat mac and cheese. She seems to be keeping it down just fine but I can't help my listening for her gagging and then grossness hitting the carpet, ew!

Can we also rant about groceries and how f-ing expensive it is to eat healthy and as often as I need to?? I spent $93 at Kroger on Monday in addition to $23 at Aldi. I feel broke just from trying to eat healthy for two weeks. I can't wait for the farmer's markets to kick in so my produce is that much cheaper, argh!


One last tangent, I promise. 22 days until Memorial Day. I can not wait to go home and get out on the lake for some quality sailing!! I was only able to get out once last year since the boat wasn't in the water until August. This summer I hope to sail at least four times since I'll be home often for wedding stuff for Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment