Tuesday, March 13, 2012

40 Days of Honor - Day 19 Terry & his Mom

For the 19th day of Lent, I'm honoring two people who came into my life recently and quite randomly. It was a Saturday lunch shift at the OG and I was sat a table of two. An older gentleman and and even older woman. She had a walker and instantly reminded me of my Grandma Connelly. They ordered a bottle of White Zin and he had the spaghetti with sausage with a side of zuppa soup while she had the salmon and a salad with ranch and extra olives only.

Terry and his Mom continued to visit every Saturday and soon become known as Lindsay's regulars. Not many servers at the OG have regulars other than Chris, so I felt special. Terry always left my $15 for my tip even if I wasn't able to stay and talk with them as much as I had the week before. They were always kind and it was nice to see their familiar faces at my table.

They made my Saturday shifts more pleasant and for that I thank them. They could have easily come in and just had any other server take care of them for that day. I wanted to honor Terry and his Mom for being caring and honest folk who understand the joys of working in the service industry ;) May the Lord continue to bless her with good health and Terry with the growth of his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment