Friday, February 25, 2011

Fugly Friday

Wow, today has been a challenge. I really thought it would be smooth and was confidant Friday would be a good easy breezy day. Not true.

Last night after my gym excursion, I did the treadmill at an incline of 13 at a 3.5 pace (a few lower minutes to rest in between), 610 calories gone in 40 minutes. :) I was then super excited to get home to make a new recipe I've been itching to try. I present to you... Mini Meatloaves and Honey Roasted Red Potatos.















The meatloaf was awesome with it's ketchup/mustard/brown sugar glaze. The potatos were dissapointing. They didn't cook as well as the recipe indicated it would and their sweet honey glaze was unrecognizable in comparison to the meatloaf's. I would skip the pointless honey calories and go for plain rosemary roasted red potatos next time.

Then my friend Bridget and I made a cheesecake... bad news for calorie counting, but I had to for date night! Surprisingly though, if it is cut into 12 pieces, it's only 492 calories a slice, and thats using regular cream cheese, NOT low fat! I'm going to try the low fat next time and see what happens.

The problems all began with my roof leaking onto my hardwood floors during the monsoon. This is the third time it's leaked in a month and my condo association has promised it will be fixed soon, but I'm getting really sick of sitting down on a cold, wet toilet in the middle of the night. This was followed by a pretty sleepless night and my work computer crashing this morning.

I did have a pretty heavenly pesto & garlic paella for lunch today, added grilled chicken for some protein. The only issue there was that I was starving and ate too much of it... gym time tonight will be required even though I was advised by a friend that I was too stressed. I have to go now because of my lunch choice, sorry Sarah!

I'm exhausted and going to sign off now in hopes of reserving the rest of my energy to make a few more phone calls to potential recruits.

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable weekend, make smart choices at least 9 out of 10 times if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment