Monday, February 21, 2011

It's a Fiesta!!

Well, I'm attempting to start the week off right... as the weekend was a slight disaster. Brief recap of my badness: ice cream, olive garden, whopper jr.

BAD LINDSAY!

Nooooow on to Good Lindsay. I ran home over lunch to get dinner started in the crock-pot. Salsa chicken, ladies and gentleman, is the easiest and tastiest meal you'll have this week! My dearest friend and twin Micha has requested the recipe, so here... we... go...



Salsa Chicken Ingredients
- 2 frozen chicken breasts
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 jar of salsa
- 1 cup of chopped red onion

Place frozen chicken breasts on the bottom of crock pot and top with the black beans, corn and salsa. Cook on low for 8-9 hours or until chicken falls apart easily OR high for 5-6 hours. Top with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and voila! Pairs well with totilla chips for dipping or mexican rice. Can you believe that one serving is 292 calories and super yummy??

Tonight's exercise consisted of using the fat burning option on the treadmill... that was fun ;) Constantly changing inclines to keep my heart rate around 127. I was up to 9% incline at a pace of 3.7. The hard part was having to keep my hands on the sensors the entire time... I was kinda sweaty sooo I was doing the butt wipe quite often.

I hope everyone gives the recipe a try and enjoys! I'm aiming for another 2 lb loss by Wednesday, so I'll catch ya then!

1 comment:

  1. I love you. I'm glad I know you have a blog now!! Yay!!!

    I am SO proud of all your exercising!! Can we like stand on opposites sides of a room, then run at full speed and CRASH into each other?! Because I need some of your exercise mindset to creep over into me. I'm doing great with the food, only so-so with the exercise!!

    Anyway, I MISS YOU I MISS YOU I MISS YOU. sigh. I MISS YOU. Keep up the good work girl - you're amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete