Monday, April 25, 2011

Hakuna Matata

I was so completely ready to take this weekend and the holiday. I packed a cooler of food to take home with me so my healthy ways would continue throughout my time in Sandusky. But then I met Tommy Turkey in his Easter costume. He was all honey roasted and moist.

Tangent 1 - I HATE the word moist. I hate the way it sounds, it's just a weird, gross word. Why, you ask, then do I use it to describe something as beautiful as a Honey Baked Ham Smoked Turkey? Because I have no other adjectives that are floating around in my noggin right now, that's why.

Back to Tommy. He was the first meat I've had in 40 days and totally num nums! I think I had half a turkey myself, NOT GOOD! But I knew that I would be a bit of a pig over the holiday weekend so my sister, Colbie and I went for a "run" Saturday morning. By "run" I mean I ran with Megan for all of five minutes before I stopped and started my spurts of walking and the spurts of running. Colbie was dead by the time she finished with Megan's five mile run.

So after Tommy, I had some Gorant's chocolates, Coconut Cream Pie, a cupcake, a tiny bit of scalloped potatoes and tons of brocolli, califlower and carrots. I definately made sure to fill up on the veggies so I wouldn't OD on the bad stuff. Sadly, I only have one picture from the feast, the beautiful cupcakes my cousin's girlfriend made... so pretty!!


This past week has been decent, not great but not bad. I've had some delicious food and some blah food. But I do have a new morning snack that is filling and wonderfully packed with some healthy protein... behold, the toasted peanut butter, banana bagel!


Also, one night prior to Easter weekend, I enjoyed my new Cosmo with some hummus, veggies and a sandwich thin grilled cheese sandwich using Kraft Fat Free Singles.



Today was weigh in day, and to be honest I wasn't too concerned and I think I should have been. I was extremely bad yesterday in my restraint. I hit the gym and then decided I needed a spur of the moment dinner out. I called my friend Bridget and we hit up Red Robin. It's not my favorite place, but I was craving some fries (hence the badness) they're endless, and I had two helpings with a lettuce wrapped veggie burger. I essentially cancelled out my work out and had a few more calories than alloted. I will get back on the wagon today and eat correctly. The moral of my story is that I lost one pound. Better than a gain based on my consumption levels over the past four days.

Happy Hump Day and Hakuna Matata!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I am seriously four seconds away from going and buying bananas and having that tasty little morning breakfast!! Great idea! I never keep bananas, but I think I will be soon.

    You're doing great girl!! You're so skinny I can barely see you from here. ;) Keep up all the good work! You motivate me to try harder. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your breakfast looks really tasty! So cool to hear that you and Meg went for a run together. We'll have to go sometime.

    ReplyDelete