Sunday, April 17, 2011

Weekend Update

Well, my yearly sickness has arrived. Apparently my allergies went on the rampage and are rallying to convince me that they are no longer allergies and are in fact the plague. I sound like a man, am congested times twelve and and I ran out of tissues two toilet paper rolls ago. Even though I can not taste the deliciousness I'm about to show you, I persevered through the untimely death of my taste buds to bring you these delectable photos in hopes that some one's mouth will water as mine surely didn't.


Friday evening's weather was warm enough that I was tempted to grill out. I had just gotten paid and splurged on a second box of Morning Star Burgers, this time I went with the original flavor vs the garden veggie. Still didn't hit the spot like I wanted and needed it to. Thus is the life of a carnivore turned leaf eater, the juiciness of a meat burger, whether beef or turkey, will never match veggies mashed into a patty. :( I also tried my hand at zucchini chips, and I failed miserably. I cut them too thin and baked them too long. I kept the recipe healthy by dipping the chips in skim milk vs egg. They were decent but I would have preferred those new natural cut fries from Wendy's... nummy.


I know I mentioned it before but, Sara Bareilles rocks! She is just so talented. So my sister and I decided I wasn't allowed to purchase a shirt unless it was perfect. What is more perfect than this...


I mean, it's aqua!!! Well, teal, but that is a close second and a color I quite enjoy!

Today was a bit challenging, as I attempted to work at the OG with my man voice. I didn't feel well in the fact that I couldn't breathe through my nose so I was sucking on cough drops like Edward longs to suck on Bella's neck. This resulted in my tables wondering if I was a chain smoker or if I was hiding something from them. I left work early and came back here to cut up some of the fresh fruit I bought this weekend. The pineapple was fantastic, it was the only one I could taste. Enjoy the snack and have a good Sunday night!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love the presentation of the fruit! Very beautiful! =) Sorry to hear you are sick though... that is no fun at all! I hope you start to feel better soon... get lots of rest and take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete