Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekend Worries

This weekend has not been kind to my health kick. The conference turned out to be a great hit but as far as healthy food choices go, well, let's just say that I might have a gainer week vs loser :(

It all started Friday night. I was helping stuff conference materials before our evening social event and hadn't eaten anything since noon. I was tired, dizzy and slightly head achy. Bad Lindsay, eat regularly you scream! I know, but it was such a crazy, hectic week that I forgot to pack snacks! We ordered pizza to tide us over before heading out to the cocktail hour and I literally scarfed down four pieces. FOUR PIECES!! I have held my huge pizza maniac in tight rein for months and it finally got the better of me. On top of that sin, I then proceeded to drink a Black Beer from Gordon Biersch. It was an "early" night, got home at 9ish and couldn't fall asleep, so I lay awake til about 1ish, got up at 5:30 to head out for Day 1 of the conference.

Day 1 Food - 1 Cup of fresh pineapple and 1 piece of ww toast for breakfast. Special k bar for my morning snack. Lunch was horrible... I had a spinach veggie wrap (the veggies were "grilled" but I think they were sauteed because they were SO GREASY) with TWO cookies and 1/4 cup of macaroni salad. My afternoon snack was a sandwich thin with half a banana and 1 tbsp of jif natural. Working at a conference limits your control over main meals and dinner did not occur until 10PM. Yes, you read it correctly, I did not eat a main course dinner til 10PM. We did have a few snacks/appetizers prior but I tried to stay away so I wouldn't flood myself with needless calories. I had 3 little breaded calamari, a piece of fluffy wonderful white bread with fresh pesto, two glasses of wine, a salad with balsamic vinaigrette followed by butternut squash tortellini. ALL of that was amazingly prepared and so delicious. I did well by only eating two of the tortellini and saving the remaining five for lunch this week.

Are you disgusted yet? I feel fat just reading all of that!

Day 2 Food - Fresh cut pineapple and cantaloupe for breakfast. Special k bar for my morning snack. Lunch was another boxed option but I went with tuna salad and ate both of the pieces of whole wheat bread, 1/4 cup pasta salad and again, the two freaking cookies! I had another special k bar for my afternoon snack and then came home to beautiful weather that just begged for a grilling session despite my lack of energy. I made three garden veggie burgers ate them bunless and just topped with tomatoes, ketchup and mustard, drank 5 glasses of water, started laundry and then crashed in bed.

Again, are you disgusted by my serious intake of calories?? I know I HAVE to hit up the gym tonight after work but I am still so exhausted from only getting 10 hours of sleep since Thursday night that I don't know if I can make it through a cardio and weight resistance work out. I am going to try, but we'll see.

I'm tired from writing and know that this post is completely wack and written poorly but it's all I have :(

No comments:

Post a Comment