Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy Easter

Today is my Friday! I took tomorrow off so I could drive back to Sandusky tonight and be able to attend Good Friday services with my Mom & Dad tomorrow. I always cry, it's always such a huge thing to do the readings and reenact the Crucifixion as part of the mob. To know that the people cried out for Jesus' blood in return for a common criminal. I plan on listening to my favorite of the Bach 4 on my way home tonight, St. Matthew Passion... which brings back the memories of Bach Festival and BW and all my friends whom I miss and adore. Sigh.







This weekend brings the introduction of meat back into my diet! We'll be having honey ham and turkey (my fav) with scalloped potatoes and tons of veggies. I'm excited and nervous all at once. I'm afraid that introducing chicken, beef and pork back into my diet will result in either a halt in weight loss or even a gain. I know that those sources of protein are supposed to fill you up more, but I love them all so much I don't know if I'll have an issue stopping when I should!

I've been thinking long and hard on this and believe that I will very rarely purchase meat to cook at home. I am thoroughly enjoying my meatless ways as it means I can consume "more" veggies. I will still continue to order meat when out and it is readily available, I will randomly buy some to cook with if the mood strikes me, but overall, I'm going to keep my carnivorous ways to a minimum.

I wish everyone and their loved ones a very Happy Easter. Safe travels and remember the true reason we celebrate Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment