Saturday, February 25, 2012

40 Days of Honor - Day 4 Colbie Jack


Okay, this may seem cliche, to honor my dog. But let me start off by saying that this being is also a creation of the Lord. She was made and put on this earth by God, just the same as you and me! She is my roommate, my guardian and a best friend. Every minute of every day, Colbie is waiting for me at the door when I come home from work. I haven't always been perfect to her and she still comes back to me, she always loves me. I take that for granted. She has taught me patience, soooo much patience. She may be 4 years old and potty trained, but she's still my furry child who gets sick and feels horrible about chewing up things that shouldn't be chewed, my furry child who can't help her muddy feet from doing her business outside, my ADHD child who doesn't understand why she has to be alone all day.

I used to get so angry about her inability to learn that eating my shoes was bad. I even hit her a few times. That was the worst thing I could ever do, it kills me that she flinches from my hand when raised. I am no better than someone who hits their spouse or loved ones. Dogs never forget what you've done to them, neither does God. I pray for forgiveness every night for the things I do wrong, and sometimes it's not appreciating the gift that is my Colbie Jack.

Colbie has done nothing but love me. She has taught me about unconditional love and responsibility. Today I honor her and her beautiful, playful self.

No comments:

Post a Comment