Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Upset beyond belief!


You would think that the anniversary of my 27th year of singleness would be the cause for my anger, BUT, it's not. I'm in a tither this morning after weighing in! Really weight loss gods? I lost NO WEIGHT this past week? I worked out with the trainer twice, I went to two boxing classes and did cardio EVERY DAY of the week along with religiously watching my calories. How is this even possible?

ARGH! I don't care if I'm a female and it's harder to lose weight or that I'm smaller now so it's harder to lose weight. I worked my Beyonce off last week, more so than I have in a long time and the result slapped me in the face this morning... not a pound gone.

I sure as hades better be putting on muscle like it's my job. I only have 49 days left in this dang competition and I am broke as a joke. I need my $50 enrollment fee back, along with the additional $50 I'd get if I lost/gained that 5%. Let's not even get to the, "want to win the whole thing" topic.

Now that my rant has settled my nerves, let's chat about this boxing club. It's fun, it's a great work out and it's never the same class twice. With the disappointment I feel over the lack of loss this past week, I'm thinking cray cray at this point. (I like using cray cray in place of crazy... I don't care if this bugs you or paints me as a stupid, jersey shore loving wack job, it's my blog. Go away if it bugs you that much!) I'm feeling like I'm going to attempt two a days. The boxing club has classes at 6AM that I want to hit up and then I was going to add the 7:30 class as well. The biggest problem I see in this is that I'll have to do laundry halfway through the week vs just once as I'll run out of sports bras :) Seems like a good problem to have. If football guys can pull two a days in 100 degree heat, I can go hit a bag a few times and push out a few rounds of squats and wall sits.

I leave you with a this letter that I composed...

Hey there fat, how are you doing? I know we've been pretty close for a long time, but I've got some bad news, you've got to go. I'm going through this process where I'm letting go of the things and people that don't care for me anymore. You put on a good act, but you're really holding me back from achieving my life goals of marrying Chris Pine... and fitting into a size 8. Both seem equally impossible today, but since I saw Chris' face on that giant billboard while driving to work, that goal feels checked off the list for now. I'm feeling the urge to go buy a size 8 aqua dress to hang over my TV to help with the other goal.

Sorry if this makes you sad, a little part of me feels sad too. Sad that I let it get out of hand and that we built such a strong relationship to start off with. We wouldn't have this horrible break up if I had just spent more time with my other friends like Gym, Subway Veggie Delight and LiveStrong MyPlate. I hope you understand and wish you the best of luck where ever you go after this.

Goodbye,
Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. The weight WILL come off! Just stay consistent. And take your measurements--the scale is the devil!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did have my trainer take my measurements last week, so hopefully that will start making a difference in the coming weeks! Fingers are crossed :)

    ReplyDelete