Friday, February 17, 2012

TGIF

I can't express how excited I am that it is Friday. For the first time in over three weeks I will have one day where I don't have to work. Saturday will be my first day off in over 20 days (that doesn't seem like a long time, but it is!) I understand that having large student loans, a mortgage, car payment and CC debt is something I've done to myself, and is my burden to bear. But I think I'm a pretty responsible person in acknowledging that debt and working a second job... that doesn't mean I have to like it. In fact, I'm hoping in the next few weeks or so I can put in my two weeks at the restaurant as I'm moving on up at my full time job... which should mean more money from that side. It'll essentially equal out to the same amount as what I'm doing now, but I'd have two days off a week! That hasn't happened since January 2010!

On top of that, I went to boxing for the third day in a row. So far I've had three different instructors for the classes, and each have had a different focus on what we work. Last night I threw more punches than any of the other nights. Also, last night I was waiting in line to get my hands wrapped and a guy I've never seen before offered to wrap me. So I held out my right hand and he started at it... and boom, boob graze. He was like a dear in headlights, it was hilarious. I explained to him that it was ok, they get in my way allll the time and apparently they get in yours too! He was so flustered he had a hard time wrapping my hands correctly. Would you know that he was the trainer for the class? He wouldn't look at me straight on the entire hour!

Also, I have a few new things to add to the list of exercises I despise.
-Burpees
-Bearcrawl
-Yoga-ish move that you are on your hands and feet and dip your head towards the ground, body following and push up, then reverse it back... (my body doesn't move as gracefully as everyone else.)
-Flutter Kicks

I'm sure the list will continue to grow, but as much as I hate these moves, I love to hate them and I will conquer them! I'm also loving how fast the hour of intense activity goes. I dislike the treadmill and elliptical so much, and I'm realizing how much more work I do at these classes. I sweat like it's no one's business, and I'm tired halfway through. You know it's a good workout when you go to toe off your shoes and your calves cramp up just from that tiny movement! I'm dreading when my two weeks of the boxing are over and I have to go back to my mundane routine. I inquired about a boxing membership, but I think what he said to me was $69.99 a month on a year contract! As much as I like losing weight, I will NOT spend that much money on a gym. If I do go back to paying for a membership, it will be at Urban where I can take yoga, spinning, water and zumba classes as well as use all the equipment.

I leave you with one inspiring thought on this sunny Friday morning... we have exactly 29 days til St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment