Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Weighing In

2 pounds. After a week of pretty diligent watching of my diet and getting some form of body movement every single day, I've lost 2 pounds. I'm slightly disappointed as I was hoping for another 7 pounds loss, just like the last time this happened. I hit up the doctor today to see if I can find a solution to this problem. Fingers are crossed. I'll take a 2 pound loss over a 4 pound gain. I am taking the advice of Becky and going with a measuring tomorrow, so we'll hopefully see some differences from last time.

In an attempt to yet again, jump start this losing journey, I've agreed to take my one free class of boxing at Title Boxing Club with my friend Kelly. I'm going to convince her that before and after pictures are completely necessary. This club boasts that it's classes can burn up to 1000 calories. Sceptic that I am, I can't track my calorie burn as I don't have a nifty device like Kmae called the fitbee, or was it a fitbug? I'll just have to judge by sweat, and the look of death that might be on my face in the after picture.

I also worked out with Heather last night and plan to work with her again tomorrow. I asked her to push me as much as she can in 1/2 hour sessions twice a week to spread out my weight routine. Last night I learned how to do Olympic lifts? Those babies are kinda fun :) Mind you, I was using a little bar, not a full bar. Womp. I'll get there, it's a new goal.

I've also almost promised to do a second 5k with a friend here in Columbus. I've also almost said I would go on a trip to Spain with another friend... I kinda have a hard time saying no. It's getting me into a lot of trouble, le sigh.

Also, check this out. I have 9 weddings that I've been invited to for 2012. 9. As my friend Aziza pointed out, she's moved onto the friends having babies portion of life and I've hit the peak of the weddings portion. I'm having a vague sense of Carrie Bradshaw's baby/wedding dilema.

I'm off to grab some more coffee, make my snack of Aunt Millie's 35 calorie wheat bread with sugar free jam. I hope that you make and hit at least one goal this week, even if it's just climbing the steps at work vs. taking the elevator!

No comments:

Post a Comment