Wednesday, January 18, 2012

ADD & Weigh in Wednesday

Welp, the number hasn't changed... again. I know, I know, scales are the devil, but that wasn't the case last year! The scale and I were usually pretty good friends, she really didn't lie to me very often. I'd usually let her know if I was having a bad day and she wouldn't soften the truth, she just lay it out there. I feel like she's purposefully being mean. I don't need mean people in my life, I've kicked plenty out in the past, so she should know she's on the chopping block!

Ok, enough talking about my scale like she's a person and has a hidden agenda. That makes me feel crazy, and we all know I'm not ;)

Despite the non-exciting news of not losing any weight, the positive spin is, I didn't gain any! I'm also deliciously tired all over. I love feeling like my legs might give out at any moment, because one it means I'm alive, and two it means that I worked harder than I did the day before.

Heather and I were discussing the fact that it's going to be super hard for me to meet my 30 pound goal. Last time it was so doable because I had that much to lose. As I get closer and closer to my ideal weight, it'll become harder and longer between dropping a pound. Everyone plateaus but it definitely starts to slow and when you're on a deadline, that's almost torture to go through. So again, I have to work harder and longer than I did previously.

I was so out of it this morning when I got up. I was trying to let the dog out to go to the bathroom. I had pulled the cross bar up and was trying to slide open the backdoor but it just wouldn't open. With yesterday's weather going from mid 50's and rain to the low 20's and snow, I thought the door had frozen shut. So I started body slamming it in my semi sleepy condition. Meanwhile, Colbie is bouncing up and down, doing the potty dance. After a few body slams and unsuccessful attempts at getting the door open I look at the handle lock and realize that it's still locked...

Yeah, I was that tired. Also, at work I misplaced my coffee mug and blamed everyone for taking it. I told Katy that I needed pills for my headache and cramps. Ten minutes later I had to ask her what I was looking for in my purse because I forgot I was looking for the pills. I'm a hot mess today. Really though, I'm looking good, but I'm a mess. I'm also wearing green footy socks with my mary jane heels, maybe I'm not so hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment