Monday, January 16, 2012

The Monday after...

A weekend full of work, frustration and lots of food.

The good thing is, I worked for 5 straight hours both days without slowing down so I could log that as "exercise". I ate cole slaw, sushi (yes sushi... I like crunchy rolls now, go figure), veggie straws (the organic brand sucks, definitely not as good as my normal brand, cake, ice cream (both small quantities), one chicken finger, a peach mango smoothy (sooo good), and corn bread.


Yummy Kroger Shrimp & Crab Crunchy Role!

Let's talk Hoggy's for a minute. I know you all know I loved that place, and yes, I use past tense. Hoggy's is dead to me. Not only because they've closed down all but one of their locations, but because the one they left running is the worst one! My father, sister and I wanted some BBQ and because we kinda loved Hoggy's we logically set out to indulge in some pulled pork, baked potatoes and mac and cheese.

We were greeted nicely at the door and sat by the server who would be taking care of us. His name was Bill. While Bill was seemingly pleasant, I had to admit his service definitely was not top notch. I'm allowed to comment on his service because I'm a server. I'm allowed to judge, because no matter the restaurant that you work at, you should provide excellent service. I always do unless the table has started treating me like crap, at which point I just stop pushing my extra happy self and instead just give them happy.

Bill got our drink order out to us and then we proceeded to order, the conversation went as follows:

Dad - "I'd like the pulled pork wrap with fries."
Bill - "Well... we ran out of fries, (pause) and baked potatoes."
Dad - insert slight grunt noise here.
Me - " Well that sucks cause all I wanted for dinner was a baked potato."
Bill - "Yeah... what other side would you like?"

Needless to say, I was not happy. I just wanted to get a baked potato with butter, bbq pulled pork and some cheese. They don't really have anything else besides the mac and cheese that is worthy of eating. So instead I ordered chicken fingers and mac and cheese :) You'd think that would be easy enough right? Nope... they fried my fingers to a crisp. Bill brought out my sister and dad's entrees explaining that mine were over done and he was having them remade. 20 minutes later I finally got my fingers but my mac and cheese was cold, so were my dad's sweet potatoes. Bill kinda sucked at refilling our drinks, but that was because he had some important texting to get in while on the clock. Hey Bill? Next time I would suggest hiding somewhere a little better before you spend 5 minutes straight texting.

The meal essentially sucked. Again, Hoggy's is dead to me... City BBQ here I come.

On a side note, I bought yet another DVD player when mine went on strike... as soon as I got it, the old one started working again. Soo I need to return it to the store, again! My dad was able to reattach my cupboard door that randomly fell off, and my sister was able to put my keyboard stand together.

1 comment:

  1. City BBQ is better anyway, in my humble opinion. I fancy myself a BBQ connoisseur of sorts, being I'm a crazy Texan and all :)

    ReplyDelete