Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Let's salsa!

Well, it's Wednesday. I'm up again... there are reasons to this, and I hope to get them corrected soon. Let's just say that being a girl really sucks.

I decided to buy two things that have been on my mind recently. Frozen chicken breasts and spaghetti squash. The last spaghetti squash wasn't as tasty as I was aiming for, so Monday night I made it goopy style. Fat free ranch dressing, some 2% shredded cheese, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. It was num nums. Also, the last squash I got didn't result in nearly the amount of squash I got from this one... and my next one is even bigger! I had enough for lunch twice over after my dinner. Also, I didn't cook it as long, and while it was more difficult to scrap out of the rind, it had a bit more texture, similar to el dente pasta.

Yesterday's lunch was bad... I had a chicken schwarma pita with fries. No need to yell, I already did and then said, wait, why am I yelling? RUN! It's gorgeous outside, 55 and sunny, so after the sun set and it was back to 40 and chilly, I went for a run with the pup.

Then it was dinner time :) Salsa chicken baby! I used my mini crock pot to make a smaller portion of this easy as pie entree. You will need one chicken breast, 1 cup of salsa (level of heat to your taste), 1/2 cup of black beans and 1 cup of corn.

Combine the ingredients in the crock pot starting with the chicken and layering in the rest. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 4-6 hours. The chicken will soak up all that juice and just come apart when you mix it a bit. I usually top mine with a bit of cheddar or Mexican blend cheese and serve with a small portion of rice or tortilla chips.

Step 1: Place frozen chicken breast at the bottom of the crock pot.


Step 2: Add 1 cup of salsa (I use mild because I'm a wimp)


Step 3: Add 1/2 cup of black beans


Step 4: Add 1 cup of yellow corn.



Normally I would have a finished product for you, but I was a tad hungry and scarfed it before I could show you... I promise, it looks as good as it tastes :)

On to an activity check in! Had a volleyball game Monday night. We lost to a team with only 5 people. We stupidly let them not take a penalty for missing their sixth person... won't make that mistake again. I'm really banged up from that night, observe:

Scraped up my knuckles:


Dove a few times and landed quite hard on my knee (the good one, soon to be bad) PS - please excuse the extreme whiteness, that can't be helped!


And finally, skidded on my palm hard enough to burst a few vessels, that was fun :/



Moral of the story kids? I'm not as young as I used to be and while it still takes me a bit of effort to bruise, it can happen. Wear pads and don't kill yourself trying. Easy to say, hard to do!

I have a session with Heather tonight, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna die. My legs are mucho sore from running the past two nights. Last night was awesome though, how often in January do you get to run outside without dying?

1 comment:

  1. It isn't that often we get to see beautiful women running outside in the month of January. :)

    But I couldn't resist reading your palm,I am sorry, and I am not a psychic. It is just one of my interests. And it is not often that you get to see a woman posting the pic of her palm on the blogs. so if you don't mind. :)

    Your heart line if forked into the mount of jupiter- you are a sign of a good fortune, gifted in love life- and will find someone who can meet your emotinal levels.

    Your line of saturn shows some troubles in your middle life on the career realm, but it is because of the consatant shift of your career interests that might want you to explore more options. You will never run out of energy to explore your career opportunities and you will never settle for one specific job or role but you might very well look into pushing yourself to starting your own firm.

    You will enjoy your personal life and have a deep connection between you and your partner.

    I wish the pic was much clearer.

    ReplyDelete