Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Night of BubbleCakes


How can your night suck after eating this?

It can't.

I mean, that cupcake right there only has 84 calories. So I ate two of them :)

Not convinced? Let's look at it from another angle...


Obviously my love of cheesy pasta is closely followed by cake. We must have discussed this before. CAKE! Definitely can't live without it, wouldn't want to. Hence my very serious life's mission to find a low calorie substitution. I think I can rest easy after tonight.


If you would like to give this a try you will need 12 ounces of diet soda, I used Sprite Zero. You will also need a box of Pillsbury Sugar Free Yellow Cake Mix. The frosting is just a 8 ounce tub of Fat Free Cool Whip. I pour the soda in the bowl and add the cake mix after, keeps the soda from fizzing too much. Mix until smooth and fill cups halfway. Bake according to the box directions and let cool completely. Once cool, fill a large ziplock with thawed Cool Whip, cut off the top of the bag to desired width and swirl on top of the cup cake... then shove it in your mouth and enjoy.

Please note if you are a chocolate cake person they have a Sugar Free Chocolate Cake Mix that you can combine with Diet Coke.

That's all I have for tonight. I hit the gym... drooling the entire time, knowing that I would get to eat a cupcake. 30 quick minutes on the elliptical followed by a scrumptious Mushroom Tortellini Lean Cuisine. Soreness is about to set in from yesterday's work out, love it! I'm already looking forward to next week's torture session ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment