Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Weigh In Disaster

Well, today is gonna be fun. I just had a morning that every person who is trying to lose weight dreads. Let's set the stage for the morning starting with setting an alarm to actually weigh in. In previous weeks, I've forgotten that Wednesday was weigh in day. In an effort to remember, and because I was super excited about weighing in, I made a reoccurring calendar reminder for Wednesday mornings at 7:10.

I should have known that the alarm not going off was the first sign to how horribly it was going to go. I stepped on the scale and saw... that nothing had changed. Now, before you say, 'Lindsay, that's not bad. You didn't gain any weight!' Let me tell you that I secretly checked myself on Saturday before heading to work and the scale said the same damn thing. Not one change the entire week. This leads me to believe that the scale is broke!

The only good news out of this is that I was forced to open the new one I got for Christmas. It's all high tech and checked your body fat percentage with water weight, blah blah. I hadn't opened it yet because to get the battery to work you needed to unscrew the lid and pull off this plastic tab. I'd tried pulling it without unscrewing it and also unscrewing it. Both attempts failed as I didn't have a screw driver small enough. Since I was freaking out about the old scale I went apeshit on that little tab. I stood on the scale and pulled til my fingers were bright red, but I got it.

Boy do I wish I hadn't.

It told me I was at 205. 205! WTF!?! Not only did I not lose weight, I gained three more pounds??? This can not be happening. Seriously? I'm still in shock, but I'm pretty sure I want to cry, but I can't because my make up looks really good today (at least I think so).

I don't understand how this happened. Not only have I logged my food and only ate enough so that I would lose 2 pounds per week according to LiveStrong MyPlate, but I've worked out every day and burned an additional 400-600 calories a day! I should have lost at least three pounds!

I'm so disheartened. I don't think I've ever wanted to admit wanting to give up, but I feel like crawling into a hole and sleeping forever. Sorry for the downer, but what a crappy Wednesday :(

3 comments:

  1. Nooooo Linds!!!! Don't give up!!! I fully concur - what a crappy weight-in. And what a mean little scale. Thats why I always hate doctor's scales. The more high tech and fancy the scale, the more accurate it is, and the higher my weight is. I sometimes think it's a conspiracy theory of some sort.

    ANYway, you are motivating me so you CAN'T quit!! Now granted, I have done absolutely zero anything to restart Thintervention. But you make me want to every day!! I want sooooo badly to get back on my bandwagon that I didn't just fall off of, but leapt vigorously off of and landed face down in the dirt. You've come SO far and are SO beautiful. And you're doing all the right things. It will just take your body a couple weeks to adjust to a new workout and eating regimen again. And when it does the weight will start falling off like before. And when I see you all skinny Ima head to the gym more. lol

    Anyway, chin up! It's just a scale and just a number. Just keep going and give it a big UP YOURS next week when you get on it! :) *HUG HUG HUG*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scale is a big liar. Seriously. It cannot be trusted. Do yourself a huge favor and start taking measurements instead - neck, biceps, chest, waist, hips, thighs, calves, etc. THAT'S where you'll be able to see your progress. As long as you are losing inches, you will know that what you are doing is working. The scale is NOT reliable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure the scale is level. If you move it I bet it will say something different. You're doing great! Don't get discouraged. Love you!

    ReplyDelete