Thursday, January 12, 2012

Turbulence

Yesterday was a bust. I appreciate all the support and words of encouragement and advice :) It made me feel better and ready to take the bull by the horns... after I ate ice cream.

I did, I ate one of those horribly small looking pints of ice cream(that they somehow pack 4 servings into), I even put some chocolate sauce on it. I do blame the social that I was at earlier in the evening. I ate my lean cuisine before heading out to the event,I had one glass of red wine, steered clear of the goopy yumminess of the spinach artichoke dip and fried pita chips. I declined a free drink. I mean, I was on a role! I mean really, who turns down a free drink!?

And then the bar started getting packed. It was worse than a game of sardines. I love being around people, I'm a gorgeous social butterfly, but last night was pure cray cray. I was overwhelmed and needed to decompress... with ice cream. I was at the gas station emptying my wallet by filling the gas tank when the freezer section started singing a siren's song. And let me tell you, Snicker's ice cream is really not that great. It lacked the full snickers experience, hence having to add the chocolate sauce.

I should have stopped at the half cup serving size, but I kept on going. I deserved it after a random russian man walked away from our conversation quite abruptly... and then a nice, shorter than I'm attracted to, guy chatted me up for over a half hour and then asked for my number. I don't know how to say no very well, so I gave it to him. Womp womp. He said he'd call me, I said I had to go sell tickets and we parted ways. He resembled a boomerang because at the end of the social he found his way back to my side and stood there, silently... slightly awkward in my opinion. Then he hugged me again, forgot to mention that first hug, sorry.

Can I say I earned my ice cream? I feel like I did. I wish making polite conversation burned calories, because that was quite the workout.

2 comments:

  1. A little ice cream won't kill us, right? I might have made a trip to ColdStone last night (my first since Nov, which is actually quite impressive!) And I stopped after eating only HALF of a like-it! Woah! Who am I?
    Keep up the great work Linds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that you Jan? Yay for limits with ColdStone... that place is so good but soo bad! Thanks for the encouragement... I'm gonna try to step it up this week even more!

    ReplyDelete