Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dr. Oz says...

I'm addicted to lip balm.


Apparently, lip balm is BAD.

How do you know that you are addicted you might ask. Well, Dr. Oz told my mom to ask me three questions:

1. Do you apply lip balm more than twice a day?
To which I say, 10 and 2 both start with T's, I don't see the big difference?
2. Do you have multiple tubes of balm hidden in your purse, nightstand, drawers and car?
Again I say, why not be prepared for anything? Who knows if I'll pass someone in the office who lost their own lip balm, I could then donate to their cause! Or, what if your sister is a ganker, and ganks my balm? It's a good thing to have back ups handy!
3. After you kiss a guy, is your first thought, "need to reapply that lip balm"?
Yeah?

After this question and answer portion of the show, my Mom hit pause, turned in her chair, and stared at me. I, of course, stared right back. He's wrong, I totally am not addicted to lip balm... just Carmex. Ok, so I'm addicted BUT it's because my lips dry out really fast. Apparently lip balm blocks our dead lip cells from flaking off and allowing the new cells to emerge. The dead cells build up and then the new stuff dies even faster... endless cycle of death and pain. Sound familiar?

Soo now I'm trying to kick a habit that I consider even more difficult than losing weight... not using lip balm.

On a more Fit Goal note, yesterday's adherence to the diet was good. I enjoyed my season fruit choice of clementines. A cutie, because I'm a kid and cuties are for kids... fool proof and easy to peel. We all know I'm a klutz, so the ease in which these peel ensures that I don't cut my fingers off or poke an eye out. PS - Have you ever tried to brush your teeth with your eyes closed while wearing 4 inch stilettos? It's hard... I almost fell over trying to walk out of the bathroom.

Went to the gym, did 30 minutes on the elliptical, 30 on the treadmill and was totally struggling. Amazing what two months of non activity will do to you! Overall, great start to day 1!

---

Let's move on to this morning... it's weigh in Wednesday, and I can't pretend I didn't see this coming. I am going to own up to my horrible truths. I gained 6 pounds in the past two months. I ate like a pig, didn't work out and stopped drinking water. All my good choices were thrown out the window and I suffered for it. The good news is, this morning I wasn't depressed or mopey. I just thought, "Self, you really screwed up this time. The good news is, you're motivated by money, so go win this competition so we can pay off some credit cards!" Sooo my dear and few readers, I have 36 pounds to lose now :) I'm so up for the challenge and I'd like you to hold me accountable!

Love,
Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. Hey, 6 pounds is not horrible, especially through the holiday season. You can do it! I am restarting today, too. =)

    ReplyDelete