Monday, January 9, 2012

Fire Up!

Well, it's January 10th and it's going to be 49 degrees out. JANUARY and 50 degrees! I feel like mother nature is going to be sending us a doozy... while we're sleeping and totally unprepared. It's gonna suck. OR as Katy and I were discussing at lunch today, it's going to be a dismal spring full of rain, rain, rain, rain and the tiniest bit of thunder.

Since yesterday was so warm, I had convinced myself that running outside was an option. It wasn't, by the time the sun had set, the tiniest breeze was just too much for me to handle. I hit up that gym with my running shoes, and run I did... on and off :) I tried to go five minutes running and one walking. I finished with 15 minutes on the elliptical and some weight work and core exercises.

I have to be completely honest, the entire time I was working out, I was planning out dinner in my head. Since it was "so warm" I grilled out :) Turkey burger baby! Pair that with steamed broccoli, reduced fat basil petso pasta with reduced fat feta crumbles.


It was delicious and just the change I needed from my Lean Cuisines.

I made a great meal a few days ago and completely forgot to share it with you. I needed to use up some cherry tomatoes and fresh spinach. So I paired that with angel hair, Kraft light balsamic vinaigrette dressing and a little reduced fat feta crumbles.


And finally, I tried out a recipe I came across on my newest obsession, Pinterest. I made a altered version of Strawberry Cream Cheese Croissants. I used fat free cream cheese, sugar free strawberry jam, reduced fat Pillsbury crescent rolls, vanilla extract and a little powdered sugar. For 110 calories, it's a delicious way to enjoy a fruity dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment