Thursday, January 5, 2012

Portion Control is KEY!

I really enjoy veggie straws. They're salty, crunchy, delicious, and keep me from going on a spree of indulgence with other bad things... like Cool Ranch Doritos or those awesome chips from Panera that go so perfectly in their Broccoli Cheddar Soup.

One of my fellow coworkers has been munching on veggie chips, which is the Aldi version of Veggie Straws. Aldi is my BFF. We're sweet on each other. Aldi is so very kind to my "pocket book". I will sing Aldi's praises for years to come. I think the only downfall Aldi's has is not selling Lean Cuisine, Diet Coke or Fat Free Ranch Dressing. It's alright though, nothing is perfect, God didn't make us or things that way. Except for Chris Pine... and maybe Orlando Bloom. Scratch that, he's married, let's add Vinny D/The Rock :) Cover a wide range of men.

Back to the veggie chips. I had to get some. Every time she opened her bag and crunched on another chip, my mouth watered. I get distracted quite easily by the thought of those tasty little buggers, and it was effecting my work. (Affect or Effect? I can never remember! Damn you 8th grade english class! If you hadn't been so boring then I would know the answer to this question!) I also had to get something chocolate oriented because I've been stealing her peppermint bark dove dark chocolate after lunch for the past three days. So a box of 100 calorie snack packs and a bag of rice cakes are now sitting next to my chips. You might think this is the end of this mundane and completely irrelevant post, but it isn't.

Observe:


Portion Control baby. I'm not gonna lie, once the bag is open and in front of me, I can be a machine. I get that from my dad. So the solution to that is making sure each and every little treat I eat is portioned out to stop the over eating.

I hit the gym for the third day in a row and got in my cardio and some weights. I was so hungry that I immediately boiled some noodles, steamed some broccoli, sauteed some chicken and combined that all with some spinach and fat free ranch dressing. I would have taken a picture but it was gone before I could sit down... I'm sorry!!

I'll leave you with one last image. One that my words can't describe but that you need to see for yourself.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment